Comment on AR006.2.1 - identity of communicating parties

From: Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:36:17 -0400
To: <www-wsa-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "Hugo Haas" <hugo@w3.org>

Requirement AR006.2.1 seeks to provide from authentication for the
identities of communicating parties. The use of the term 'identity' should
be clarified. As written, this requirement could me that the legal name of a
communicating party is to be authenticated, or simply that the identifier,
whether name, email address, IP address, etc. associated with the
communication is authenticated. If the meaning is the former, then it should
be clarified that anonymous and pseudonymous communications must be
supported. If the latter (much simpler from a privacy perspective) then the
scope of this requirement should be narrowed.

I'm happy to talk about this further and propose wording once the intent is
clear.

Thanks....

--
Daniel J. Weitzner                              +1.617.253.8036 (MIT)
World Wide Web Consortium                       +1.202.364.4750 (DC)