Web services characteristics: idempontent, safe, Web Method Specification Feature

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:25:17 +0100
To: www-wsa-comments@w3.org

There have been discussions about describing certain characteristics
of Web services such as whether the service is idempontent, safe, how
to fit the Web Method Specification Feature in the description, etc.

The questions as I see them are:
- what characteristics should be exposed?
- how should they be exposed?
- what implications do such characteristics have on:
  + transfer protocol used.
  + behaviors for interacting with the service.
  + etc.

The discussion started at:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Nov/0157.html

and it was discussed during the 12 December teleconference.

I would like to open an issue about this since there hasn't been any
closure for this discussion, and that it touches quite a lot of areas.
We will need some text in the architecture document about it.

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C