ws-polling comment

From: Diego Gonzalez <diegog.lagash@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:21:14 -0300
To: www-ws@w3.org
Hi,

I've been reading the spec and I found something quirky in the section
3.2with respect to wsa:RelatesTo usage. The sample response message
described
in the document contains two wsa:RelatesTo attributes

<s:Envelope ...>
<s:Header ...>
<wsa:Action>...</wsa:Action>
<wsa:MessageID>xs:anyURI</wsa:MessageID>
<wsa:RelatesTo>xs:anyURI</wsa:RelatesTo> ?
<wsa:RelatesTo>messageID from GetMessage</wsa:RelatesTo>
<wsa:To>...</wsa:To>
</s:Header>
<s:Body ...>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

The first one is OPTIONAL and the second MUST be present. I think there is
very confusing to distinguish between them, since multiple WS stacks use the
RelatesTo element to match the response message for a pending response,
having two will force the stack to look twice for the message.

I think that it will be very valuable to add a RelationshipType attribute to
the RelatesTo element that represents the message id of the original
message, with a value that allows to distinguish between them.

Regards,
Diego Gonzalez
Lagash Systems SA

PS: Is this the correct mailing list to discuss about this submission?