Re: The State FAQ

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:57:10 -0500
To: Hao.He@thomson.com
Cc: www-ws@w3.org

Hi Hao.  Sorry for the delay, I'm travelling.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 02:15:53PM +1100, Hao.He@thomson.com wrote:
> Hi, Mark,
>
> So if a request contains a list of URIs and the server needs to deference
> all the URIs in order to process this request, would you consider this
> stateful?

Almost, but I've found the use of the term "in order to process" to be
ambiguous, so try to avoid it.  Instead, if you asked;

  So if a request contains a list of URIs and the server needs to deference
  all the URIs in order to understand the message, would you consider this
  stateful?

Then the answer would definitely be "Yes".

Mark.