RE: Web Service Standards/certification

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:46:28 -0400
To: "'Benton, Geoff'" <geoff.benton@hp.com>, <www-ws@w3.org>

Geoff,

[Kingsley Idehen]

In recent times vendors and users have come together to create interop
groups to address these matters. From the early days of SOAP you have the
soapbuilders interop group (at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soapbuilders/)
for instance.

My company offers an integration platform product called Virtuoso
(http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com) that provides integration of SQL, XML, and
Web Services in addition to supporting a plethora of industry standards. As
result we always seek out interop groups for the relevant parts of the WS-*
or initiate one ourselves.

Microsoft also has a WS-ReliableMessaging group
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WS-RM-Workshops/) and there is an interop
event taking place today and tomorrow (in physical and virtual modes).

Hope this helps.

Kingsley Idehen
http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen