Re: SOAP performance

On Oct 28, 2004, at 9:43 AM, Sabrina Leandro wrote:

> I have read on my search someone saying
> that this could be achieved using WS-Addressing.
> I was wondering if there was any documentation on this
> subject or if someone could explain me how this could
> be done.

As I understand it, WS-Addressing is a way of communicating back to the
client the address of a server after the load balancer has determined
which one will actually handle a request.  In a multi-part interaction,
then the client can route directly to the appropriate server to handle
subsequent requests.  Like *all* web services specs, however,
WS-Addressing is just a way of describing this, not a mechanism for
implementing it.

To beat Mark Baker to the punch :-) this would not be necessary if the
entire state of your multi-part transaction were carried along in the
request message, and the client wouldn't care which server handled the
request.  To beat everyone else to the counterpunch, often this isn't
practical and WS-Addressing offers real value.