Web Services and Distributed Object Systems: a Difference in State.

From: Robert Mark Bram <relaxedrob@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:47:57 +1100
To: w3c-ws <www-ws@w3.org>

Hi All!

I recently read with much interest the thread on this list entitled
"Stateful Web Services... " that began with this message:

I found this discussion enlightening because I am studying Web Services
and Grid Web Services (as a distributed object system) right now.

Thus it is due to the above thread and much other material already studied
that I present my own discussion on the issue of state to do with Web
Services and Distributed Object Systems:

All comments and criticisms are most welcome. This is naturally a work in
progress and represents nothing more than my understanding of the wisdom
of those who have designed systems before me...

Robert Mark Bram
B.Comp.(Systems Development/Business Systems)
Doctor of Philosophy Student

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University