Re: BPEL2DAMLS developed

Hi Jun,

Your tool sounds very interesting.  I'd like to know a little more
about what sorts of DAML-S based ontologies you generate from the
BPEL spec.  E.g., are you generating a DAML-S profile or a DAML-S
process model, or both?  The most appropriate ontology to generate
would be a process model.

Note that there is a new release of DAML-S in which processes in
the process model are treated as instances rather than classes.  Also
note that DAML-S was a DAML+OIL ontology.  The DAML Services Coalition
has transitioned to using OWL rather than DAML+OIL.  As such DAML-S
is now OWL-S, an OWL ontology for Web services.

Regards,
Sheila McIlraith

> Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:16:10 +1100
> From: Jun Shen <jshen@it.swin.edu.au>
> To: www-ws@w3.org
> Subject: BPEL2DAMLS developed
>
> Dear all
> This tool generates ontologies based on DAML-S from specific BPEL4WS
> workflow specifications. It extended CMU's WSDL2DAMLS by validating BPEL and
> WSDL files and the output can be imported into Protege-2000 (as well as
> Protégé b2.0). The current version serves the newest versions of related
> languages.
>
> Open source is currently ready for inquiry (email: jshen@computer.org) and
> will be released for testing on http://www.it.swin.edu.au/centres/cicec/
> soon.
>
> You're more than welcome to have a try and provide feedback and bug fixes.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jun SHEN (MACS, MIEEE, MACM)
> Centre for Internet Computing and E-Commerce
> School of Information Technology
> Swinburne Univ of Tech
> Melbourne, Australia

Sheila McIlraith, PhD                 Phone: 650-723-7932
Senior Research Scientist             Fax:  650-725-5850
Knowledge Systems Lab
Department of Computer Science
Gates Sciences Building, 2A-248       http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/sam
Stanford University                   E-mail: sam-at-ksl-dot-stanford-dot-edu
Stanford, CA 94305-9020