Re: Restricting input depending on output

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:56:39 -0500 (EST)
To: www-ws@w3.org

   [Frank McCabe]
   This just has to be the world's worst way of indicating equality....

   Whatever happened to variables? (I know, but its a rhetorical question)

Because we're analyzing processes as sets of execution traces, we need
a way to say:

   For every instance of composite process C,
   consisting of subprocesses P1 and P2,
       the value of the Output property of the instance of
             P1 belonging to C
     = the value of the Input property of the instance of
             P2 belonging to C.

It appears that there is no way to say this in DAML+OIL, although we'd
be glad to hear of any.  Hence we had to make up a nonstandard
notation with meaning to DAML-S processors beyond what a DAML+OIL
processor would infer.

--
                                             -- Drew McDermott