RE: Proposed Changes to Profile.daml (0.9)

New (revised) version of the DAML-S 0.9 Profile

Sorry to have taken so long in these revisions.  Change Log:

*	File name changes have been made (as requested) by David
*	Have removed all reference to the class Actor within the
Profile.

The Actor class (and its properties) are now in ActorDefault.daml.  This
file

also contains the additional fact about profile#contactInformation

  <daml:ObjectProperty rdf:about="&profile;#contactInformation">

    <daml:range rdf:resource="#Actor"/>

  </daml:ObjectProperty>

Thus, if the ActorDefault ontology is appended to the profile ontology
(i.e. if both files

are loaded into some reasoning engine), then the behaviour should be
exactly the same

as if the separation of Profile and Actor hadn't been made.

If other classes are preferred, then the above extension should be used
to define the new range.

For example, if the Friend-of-a-Friend person concept is used, then the
following statement should

be included in a profile instance, or included from another file:

  <daml:ObjectProperty rdf:about="&profile;#contactInformation">

    <daml:range rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person"/>

  </daml:ObjectProperty>

*	Combined updates with existing profile updates:

*	Changed definition of entity xsd to

<!ENTITY xsd "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

*	Modified the entry for Dun and Bradstreet Rating to refer to a
string, not an integer

One confusion, David, you mentioned that you had changed uriReference to
anyURI but I couldn't find any reference to either of these entities in
profile.daml

David, if you are happy with these changes, could you update the entries
in the release?  I will provide updated ontology diagrams shortly.

            Terry

Terry R. Payne, PhD.      |
<http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~trp/index.html>
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~trp/index.html
University of Southampton | Voice: +44(0)23 8059 8343 [Fax: 8059 2865]
Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK | Email: terry@acm.org / trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk