Re: Is RPC/Encoded vanishing?

From: <MDaconta@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:26:00 EDT
To: nagarwal@informatica.com, www-ws@w3.org
In a message dated 7/10/2003 8:15:36 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
nagarwal@informatica.com writes:

> Is RPC/Encoded form of SOAP is vanishing out and Doc/Literal form of SOAP
> is going to be more popular in the future?

Hi Naresh,

I just wrote an article addressing the second part of your question
(doc/literal versus RPC) for OSDN.  See:
<A HREF="http://webservices.devchannel.org/webservices/03/07/11/2122220.shtml?tid=25&tid=38">http://webservices.devchannel.org/webservices/03/07/11/2122220.shtml?tid=25&
tid=38</A>

(note: the images show up in Netscape but not in IE - this has been reported
OSDN)

This issue has direct bearing on the work I am doing relating to
the interoperability of data in a dynamic, distributed environment.
Thus, I am interested in the thoughts/comments of this group.

Best wishes,

 - Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Chief Scientist, APG, McDonald Bradley, Inc.
www.daconta.net