RE: Editor for OWL

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:14:52 +0200
To: "Jhon Alexander Gonzalez Florez" <jgonzale@minhacienda.gov.co>, "Dickinson, Ian J" <Ian.Dickinson@hp.com>
Cc: <www-ws@w3.org>

> Sorry what is OWL?

Web Ontology Language, see :

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/

> The Protégé [1] team at Stanford are working on an OWL plugin for Protégé
> 2.0, but it's not released yet.

A release is available - it's feature-limited, but seems to work ok.

> Personally I tend to edit the RDF/XML directly using the Eclipse
> XML plugin.
> It's not that hard for small-to-medium ontologies.

I'm even more stone-age than that, I've just been using a text editor and
Jena/online validator (http://owl.bbn.com/tools/). In the past I found
IsaViz useful for RDF, though haven't yet tried it with OWL :

http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/

Cheers,
Danny.

----