Re: Comments on daml-s 0.7 (Grounding)

Hello Nick -

You are quite correct that DAML-S employs an older version of XML Schema.  This
has been retained so as to maintain consistency with the last release of
DAML+OIL, which includes examples that employ the older version of XML Schema.
Our thinking has been that whatever tools work with the DAML+OIL materials, are
also likely to be the tools of greatest interest to DAML-S users.  Since the
DAML+OIL materials use the older version of XML Schema, we have assumed that
most DAML+OIL tools are likely to work well with that version also.

We will almost certainly use the latest version of XML Schema in the next
release of DAML-S (which may also be based upon OWL instead of DAML+OIL).  But
I'm not so sure that switching to a new version of XML Schema, in the current
DAML-S release, would be beneficial to the DAML-S community.

If such a switch would be either a help or hindrance to any DAML-S users, we
would welcome your input.

Thanks,
David