Composite Processes using multiple Web Services

From: Fergus, Paul <CMPPFERG@livjm.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:50:09 -0000
To: <www-ws@w3.org>
Hello

	This is the first time I have used this facility to I hope I have posted this message to the correct discussion group.

	I would like to distribute services within a Peer-to-peer network and dynamically discover services based on my own initial process model (A means of defining the composition I am interested in creating). My own process model may require three additional services it has no knowledge of and furthermore which may not exist in the P2P network. However if the services do exist and I discover them, they themselves may have composite process (which require additional atomic or composit processes), that need to be discovered. My ideas relate to dynamically building a workflow or composite of services by processing the composite processes for each service until the discovery process bottles out (when we have discovered all the atomic processes). This research is in its early days, and it appears to be plagued with a number of complexities at the moment therefore I would appreciate anybodys' views and the feasiblity of implementing such a system using DAML-S and WSDL.

	Thank you in advance for your time and effort

	Regards

	Paul Fergus