Re: Processes as instances: Some suggestions

Hi Monika -

I agree with what you are suggesting, in general - that we have a set of
classes for describing IOPE's, which are used both in profile and
process.   I have two comments:

1) From the beginning, we've always regarded IOPE's as "belonging to"
the process model, more so than the profile - and I think that's the
most clear way of thinking about them.  So if we adopt the approach
you've outlined, I would strongly favor moving InputDescription,
OutputDescription, etc. from Profile.daml to Process.daml.  (Of course
then they could be referenced from Profile.daml.)

2) Marta has made a renaming suggestion that we should consider.  Instead of
   input ranges over InputDescription
   output ranges over OutputDescription
etc.

why not use
   hasInput ranges over Input
   hasOutput ranges over Output
etc.

(Here again I would have the classes Input, Output, etc. declared in
Process.daml.)

Best regards,
David