Re: Relationship between IOPE in Service Profile and Process Model?

Maja Vukovic wrote:

The question is  how does one decide which IOPEs to include in the Profile and to what extent, and to which IOPEs to map it in the process model?

Ideally all the IOPEs that are needed to be specified for any service
should be included both in the Profile and Process models.  However
specification of the IOPEs in the Profile may also depends on the
criteria used by the matchmaker in the sense that some matchmakers may
use only input -output parameters without considering the preconditions
and effects. So it basically depends on the algorithm used. There always
has to be a one-to-one correspondence between the mapping of IOPEs in
the profile and process model  which can be handled via
"refersTo".

>Am I correct to say that refersTo links the IOPEs in the profile to IOPEs in the *atomic* processes only?

Yes. Intutively this also makes sense as the equivalence between the
IOPEs of the composite processes and their corresponding atomic
processes is specified separately anyways  in the DataFlow file.
Therefore we need to refer to only the Atomic Processes for
correspondence from the profile.

Hope this helps. Any other thoughts appreciated.