Re: QoS in Web services?

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:30:44 -0400
Cc: "Min Tian" <tian@inf.fu-berlin.de>, <www-ws@w3.org>
To: "Michael Ryan Bannon" <mrbannon@uwaterloo.ca>

Hello Min, Michael:

I would say that all the Semantic Web Services people have QoS high on
their list with some (preliminary) support already sketched in DAML-S.
(Wow, did I weasel on that one, it's not merely "support", but
*preliminary* support that's merely sketched. Oh well :))

I think SWS folks (well, ok, me) are especially concerned to support
derivability of the QoS of a composition from the QoS (and other
factors) of its parts. I would also say, but with a bit of hand waving,
that supporting complex, extensible notions of QoS is important. Of
course, supporting complex, extensible notions of Foo, for any Foo,
seems the default position these days :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.