Re: QoS in Web services?

From: Michael Ryan Bannon <mrbannon@uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:07:20 -0400
To: "Min Tian" <tian@inf.fu-berlin.de>, <www-ws@w3.org>

Hi Min,

I asked this question roughly two weeks ago and a thread started.  I think
you should be able to find the thread in the www-ws archives under the
subject "Quality of Service".

In short, the W3C has a requirement of supporting QoS in wsdl, however it
hasn't been discussed in session yet.  WSDL allows extensibility elements in
some places, so in theory you could devise your own schema or system for QoS
and add it to a WSDL document.

Also look at Microsoft's WS-Policy Attachment idea...I found it helpful.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ws/2002/12/PolicyAttachment/

Ryan