Complex data types in DAML-S

From: Marta Sabou <marta@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:08:36 +0200
To: www-ws@w3.org

 Hi!

 I would like to know more about how complex data types can be defined in DAML-S descriptions. I looked for some examples in the CongoBooks and the BravoAir examples.

I hoped that the congoBuyShippingOrder would be such a complex data type. However, I cannot find its definition in any of the CongoBooks files. (The service Profile indicates that it is declared in the Process file, but I cannot find it there.)

I had similar difficulties for the BravoAir example. The availableFilghtItineraryList_Out type is defined in the Process model as ranging over: http://www.daml.ri.cmu.edu/ont/DAML-S/concepts.daml#FilghtItineraryList. However I cannot access the concepts.daml ontology.

Does anybody have some completed examples of defining complex datatypes?

Finally, I observed that the grounding documents of the two examples use different tags for specifying a concept for a message part: CongoBuy uses "daml-parameter" while BravoAir uses "daml-s-parameter". Indeed, in your document over describing web services with DAML-S and WSDL [1] you introduce only the "daml-s-parameter" extension to WSDL, therefore I deduce it is the right one to use. Am I right?

Waiting for your answer, or to pointers to postings in this mailing list which covered any of these issues.

Thank you,

--
 Marta Sabou

[1] http://www.daml.org/services/daml-s/0.7/daml-s-wsdl.html