Protocol independance

From: Mark Baker <mbaker@idokorro.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:37:14 -0500
To: <www-ws@w3.org>

Hi,

Could a proponent of the "protocol independance" view of Web services
answer a question for me please?

Suppose we had a tuple space based system, such as one based on Linda
or JavaSpaces.  Would it still be the case that a Web services approach
to using this system would be to tunnel "getStockQuote" messages through
write() or take() or other tuple space operations?

I'm just trying to understand the motivation for this view.  Thanks.

MB