(Web) Service discovery

From: Thomais Pilioura <thomi@di.uoa.gr>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 18:55:33 +0300
To: <www-ws@w3.org>
Hi everybody,

I'm working on a project concerning web service discovery mechanisms.

Is anybody aware of any papers or work that survey existing web service
discovery mechanisms?

I was also wondering if there are any mechanisms and related publications
for discovering business services (such as a service that allows a non
technical person to buy a secondhand car) on the web? I would like to
investigate how different these mechanisms are from the mechanisms needed
and used in web service discovery.

Thank you in advance,
Thomi Pilioura,
University of Athens