SOAP bindings with "Asynchronous" protocols

From: Naresh Agarwal <nagarwal@in.firstrain.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:49:56 +0530
To: <www-ws@w3.org>
Hi

Today, most of the Soap implementations use HTTP for transport
protocol..However, in the near future, we expect more support for
"Asynchronous" transport protocol like SMTP,  JMS, BEEP etc.

I have following concern in this regard:

1) Does the "Aynchrony"  make sense in "RPC" (encoded) style of SOAP or
it would be only useful for "messaging" (literal) style of  SOAP?

2) Are RPC *synchronous* per se, or does it make sense to have RPC
*asynchronous*?

3) What exactly do we want to achieve by using SMTP, JMS, BEEP etc., as
transport mechanism for SOAP?

I would appreciate any comments on the above.

thanks,

regards,
Naresh Agarwal