Re: DAML-S and the UDDI initiative

From: CHIN, ALVIN <a.chin@bell.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:28:49 -0400
To: www-ws@w3.org
I've read the paper and have some questions regarding about the
publishing and requests for services in the DAML-S/UDDI matchmaker.

If we are doing semantic searches for services using the matching
algorithm proposed in the paper, does this mean that UDDI does not come
into the picture after service publishing? (ie. After the service is
registered with UDDI and then advertised in the AdvertisementsDB of the
DAML-S matching engine).  According to the paper, it says that requests
are sent from the Communication Module to the DAML-S Matchmaker engine.
This means then we don't do a discovery in the UDDI registry, right?  We
only do a discovery in the UDDI registry if we want to match by keyword
in the TModel of the DAML-S profile (added to the UDDI record), that is,
not do a semantic search.

Is this correct?