DAML-S, UDDI and WSDL

From: CHIN, ALVIN <a.chin@bell.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:45:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-ws@w3.org
Cc: achin@swen.uwaterloo.ca
I've read some of the papers on how DAML-S can be used to enhance UDDI
and WSDL.  If I want to use DAML-S to perform service discovery and
description of web services without having to create a DAML-S query
engine, is it correct to say that I need to 1) create a DAML-S to UDDI
matchmaking engine to enhance the UDDI registry with semantic search
capabilities, and 2) also create a DAML-S to WSDL converter so that the
semantic description can be published in the UDDI registry?

Or if I just have 2) (DAML-S to WSDL mapping), then I can just do a UDDI
query on this WSDL file to find the semantic information.  In other
words, do I need to have both 1) and 2) in order to make the semantic
service discovery and description work?

Also, are any of these tools available for 1) and 2)?

Thanks.

Alvin