Re: WSDL Requirements question

mrbannon@swen.uwaterloo.ca wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Firstly, this message has been sent to both www-ws-desc and www-ws mailing
> lists.
>
> The following is taken from the WSDL requirements doc.
>
> "R085
> The description language SHOULD allow describing Messages that include
> references (URIs) to strongly-typed referents, both values and Services. (From
> PP. Last discussed 11 April, 2002.)"

Hello from a Waterloo alum.

Your question about WSDL and DAML-S is very interesting but not directly
related to what I meant by the requirement above. There are increasing
numbers of services out there where an XML response contains a URI which
is a reference to another endpoint/node/service/resource/thingee. WSDL
should be able to declare that situation just as IDL can say that the
return from a foo() method call is an object of type Bar. My thought was
that a WSDL file could have port types A and B (or import one or the
other) and say that URIs in the XML in a particular context in a
response from A are interpreted as ports of type B.
--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com