Re: some questions

From: David Martin <martin@AI.SRI.COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:50:33 -0700
To: NADJEMI Othmane <Othmane.NADJEMI@ifp.fr>
CC: "'www-ws@w3.org'" <www-ws@w3.org>

NADJEMI Othmane wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am preparing a Phd thesis in informatic science,
> and i am very interested by DAML-S, becaue i am working in an agent based
> archetecture for numerical simulation,
> and i want to know :

First, apologies for this slow response.  Many of us DAML-S team members have
been traveling (and when not traveling, swamped :-).

> how can i integrate DAML-S ontology to my agent architecture ?

A full answer to this question is potentially quite large, and unfortunately,
there's not time to say much beyond the what's already on the release page:

http://www.daml.org/services/
and, in particular
http://www.daml.org/services/daml-s/2001/10/

I can only give a short answer: To me, the most obvious way to get started is
to describe and advertise each agent's capabilities using DAML-S.  Then other
agents find the capabilities (i.e., services) they need by using some sort of
matchmaking technique, such as has been described in some DAML-S related
papers.  (These papers are listed on http://www.daml.org/services/.)

> what is the actual status of the release (DAML-S)?

I think that's pretty much answered on the web site.  However, I will add
that we are planning a new incremental release (0.7) within the next several
weeks, and another, more significant release (1.0) sometime later this year.

Regards,
David Martin