NOTATION attribute invalid in soap-encoding

From: Max Johnson <max.johnson@dealspark.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:31:16 -0000
To: <www-ws@w3.org>
The SOAP serialization rules defined in
http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-encoding appear to have a bogus attribute:

	<xs:attribute name="NOTATION" type="tns:NOTATION"/>
	<xs:complexType name="NOTATION">
		<xs:simpleContent>
			<xs:extension base="xs:NOTATION">
				<xs:attributeGroup ref="tns:commonAttributes"/>
			</xs:extension>
		</xs:simpleContent>
	</xs:complexType>

As the W3C's XML Schema Recommendation specifies that attributes must be
simple types the above would seem to be invalid. I assume the intention was
that NOTATION be an element?

I would very much appreciate if anyone can tell me how anomalies such as
this one are resolved and the likely timeframe for a fix to be applied?

Regards

Max Johnson
DealSpark