RE: potential users of web services

From: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:29:06 -0700
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: <www-ws@w3.org>
I believe that the services you cite fit my definition of Web service
quoted below.  I could perhaps be more concise:

A Web service is a computational service, accessible via messages of
definite, language-neutral and platform-neutral format, and which has no
special presumption that the results of the computation are used
primarily for display on a user-agent.

Hope this works for you.