RE: Web Services and transactions

Dieter

You are correct WSFL does not attempt to define the transactional semantics
that may span multiple Web services ( activities ) unlike XLANG. However the
accompanying WSEL ( endpoint definition language will cover QoS semantics
and others, it is not yet defined if this will include transactional
semantics also.

The coordination and termination protocol can be specified elsewhere
 unless you want to piggy-back ) transaction context with service
invocations ) but the demarcation has to be specified as part of the
business process and the alternative flows that come along with error
conditions surrounding the transactional of the process.

I believe BPMI is looking into the adoption of BTP (Business Transaction
Protocol) currently being worked on by an OASIS technical committee, there
is also a W3C submission pertaining to XLANG.

Regards,
Mark Potts
Chief Technology Officer
Talking Blocks