RE: webservices stack

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:31:03 -0700
To: "Amit Bhatiani" <amit@invertica.com>, "Krishna Sankar" <ksankar@cisco.com>, "Colin Adam" <colin.adam@webservices.org>, <www-ws@w3.org>

>I agree with you on SOAP-RP. It somehow seems (borrowing from
>RIP and OSPF) that there are other areas for routing to focus
>on as well.

SOAP-RP by no means aspire to be a routing mechanism at the level of RIP
or OSPF. SOAP-RP is a mechanism for sending SOAP messages along a path
that can either be predetermined or dynamically arranged and with the
potential for setting up a reverse path.

It is important to note that the *purpose* for sending SOAP messages
around using SOAP-RP is a function of the application or administrative
rules imposed by the environment. It is not a function of the
infrastructure. In other words, SOAP-RP provides the mechanism - not the
policy. The whole idea is that the application (or user) will provide
the policy.

Henrik