W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > March 2008

Re: [5483] WSDL schema defines fault 'element' incorrectly

From: WI <wi@maebashi-it.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:03:51 +0700
Message-ID: <47E4CB77.8000107@maebashi-it.org>
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org


I have tried out this new jar file with only partial success.

1 The generated WSDL now has only one schema which is good, but the 
schema targetNamespace is not the same as the original WSDL.
2. The messages on the wire seem unchanged:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" 
xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" 
xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soap:Body>
<makeCallResponse xmlns=" http://www.europecity.org ">
<status xmlns=" http://www.worldrecipe.org ">Hello Adrian 
SmithDotNet</status>
</makeCallResponse>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Notice that the makeCallResponse element is still in the WSDL namespace 
rather than the schema namespace. The sample .NET client still fails to 
deserialise correctly.

I added a test for this to SVN and I can't reproduce it. Its really 
weird that you're getting an NPE right there. At the very least it 
doesn't have anything to do with the targetNamespace. I would check to 
make sure that your client is generated using the latest WSDL.
If you're still having problems, please open a new issue. Also, a test 
WSDL & test case would help greatly.

Regards,
Received on Saturday, 22 March 2008 09:04:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:47 GMT