Re: Status of WSDL 2.0 Maintenance WG

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 12:54 -0700, Jeff Mischkinsky wrote:
>   I'd be interested to know what and when questions related to the
> operating mode were raised. I don't recall seeing any discussion on
> the ac-forum lists, and i just scanned the archives since july.

The issue was raised during the AC review of the charter. The review
wasn't copied to the AC forum.

>  I see
> only a few statements of support and question if/how new RECs would
> be added to the scope of the maintenance WG as the other WS WGs
> finish their work.

Let me add that the commenter who raised the issue also supported the
proposal whether or not his proposed changes are adopted. Effectively,
we did receive unanimous support to move the charter as-is. However, the
Team felt that the issue was raising an interesting twist that needed to
be addressed before being able to move further. We didn't want to make
the Web Services Core an exception in the W3C.

In order to address the issue, we decided to clarify the status of the
Group by p[ublishing FAQ entries. One of them has been published (#37):
 http://www.w3.org/2003/12/22-pp-faq#edlicensing

We are (hopefully) getting close to a resolution on a new FAQ entry:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-psig/2007OctDec/0016.html
 (W3C Member only link)

Once the FAQ entry #38 is published, we will be in a position to move
forward on the Web Services Core charter and announced it. So, unless
there is a new twist, we should be able to announce the WS Core group in
early November.

Philippe