W3C

WS Description WG telcon

29 Mar 2007

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/WSO2
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Regrets
Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
Chair
Jonathan
Scribe
youenn

Contents


Action Items

Review of Action items

?         2006-09-21: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has 
                      added schemaLocation.
?         2007-01-04: Paul to report back on which test cases in the 
                      WSDL test suite fail the basic patterns, with
                      suggestions on how to address the issues.
DONE      2007-03-15: JJM to incorporate minor editorial fixes. 
DONE      2007-03-15: Jonathan to solve the space issue. 
DONE      2007-03-15: JJM to file or publish larger bugs. 
?         2007-03-15: Philippe to look at namespace. 
DONE      2007-03-15: Jonathan to remove "or a #".
	

Administrivia

Skip next call

Publication status and plan

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to add the previous message results back into the dashboard. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

Jonathan: would be good to handle the few reds in the message exchange results
... we need to demonstrate that wsdl is able to describe rest services
... I am working on a flickr wsdl
... a few more examples might be useful
... any volunteer ?

<Jonathan> We need to create more evidence the HTTP binding is useful in describing existing services.

<Jonathan> We desparately need people to contribute examples.

<Jonathan> This means you, dear reader who missed the call!

Bugzilla 4380

RESOLUTION: close with no action

<Jonathan> reason: uniqueness conflicts with optionality of the attribute.

Bugzilla 4381

RESOLUTION: Accept alternative 2

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Mar/0057

RESOLUTION: rename section 1.1 as proposed

subitem2: correct as proposed

subitem3: reword "At the abstract level" by "At a high level"

Item 9 (encoding '=')

Jonathan: we may have gone to far in requesting the encoding of many characters.
... Since we are there, we should also state that '=' should be encoded.

RESOLUTION: Add '=' to the list of SHOULD-be-encoded characters in 6.8.1.1 second bullet

Item 10, wsdl20 in URIs

Jonathan: leave it open and let phillipe handle it

Item 11

<TonyR> ACTION: Jonathan to add Jean-Jacques [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

<TonyR> ACTION 2= Jonathan to add Jean-Jacques's list as Bugzilla items

Item 12

Interchange format draft note

<Jonathan> I'm not very motivated to work further on the Interchange Note. Unless someone else is interested in championing the interchange note it is likely to fade away.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to add Jean-Jacques [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to add the previous message results back into the dashboard. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/03/29 15:51:04 $