W3C

WS Description WG telcon

15 Mar 2007

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft
Tom Jordahl, Adobe Systems
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/WSO2
Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Regrets
Chair
Jonathan
Scribe
Allen

Contents


<scribe> SCRIBE: Allen

Approval of 3/1 minutes

Minutes approved.

Review of Action items [.1].

?         2006-09-21: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has 
                      added schemaLocation.
?         2007-01-04: Paul to report back on which test cases in the 
                      WSDL test suite fail the basic patterns, with
                      suggestions on how to address the issues.
RETIRED   2007-01-11: Jean-Jacques to provide more analysis on how 
                      difficult it would be deal with a Policy that 
                      only contains an MTOM policy assertion
DONE [.3] 2007-03-01: Jonathan report back to the TAG with status on safety.

Current Editorial Action Items

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Mar/0006.html

Administrivia

JM: Implementors call is no more.

Implementation status and plan

Publicaton status

Philippe?: Can only make editorial changes without negotiation.

JM: JJ changes before or after PR?

JJ: Most proposed changes are typos that would be of interest to the reader. Some may be issues that can be changed later.

JM: Now test suite and document don't match so we need to regenerate the document.

Philippe: I"m ok with that but don't break anything.

JM: Some of the changes are a bit too big, like moving a section, but most changes should be incorporated.

JJ: Could use help on fixing spaces between element.

JM: I will take a look at this.
... Back to Administrivia, we now have a bugzilla bug list set up.
... More substantial issues should be put into bugzilla.

<Jonathan> ACTION: JJM to incorporate minor editorial fixes. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to solve the space issue [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

<Jonathan> ACTION: JJM to file or publish larger bugs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

<Jonathan> ACTION: Philippe to look at namespace. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]

JM: Another editorial change, remove reference to hash character, which is not allowed.

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to remove "or a #" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]

JM: Another editorial, incorrect treatment of "?" and "/" in URIs.

Youenn: Do you think readability of URIs is important?
... I'm in favor of leaving the spec the way it is, but it is not that important.

JM: I don't see a great value in encoding "?" in query parameters.

Youenn: URIs with "?" encoded and not encoded are not equivalent.

JM: No changes to spec, change expected values in test suite.

<JacekK> trying

<JacekK> will take a moment

JM RDF mapping ready to go, part 1 and part 2 will be generated with fixes noted above.

JJM: Need to remove ed notes about features at risk.
... In 6.1 first paragraph, second sentence is unclear.
... In 4.2 "ascribed", is this correct?

<jjm> /me Error: Reference to undefined entity 'prefix'.

MTOM Description

JJM: This can be retired.

JM: Do we need a telcon next week?

PLH: If the directors call goes bad we may, but not otherwise.

JM: Next call will be when there is enough stuff for an agenda, reserve 3/29, 4/19.

Meeting adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JJM to file or publish larger bugs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: JJM to incorporate minor editorial fixes. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to remove "or a #" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to solve the space issue [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to look at namespace. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/03/15 16:18:00 $