W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > March 2007

RE: Minutes, 15 March 2007 WS Description WG telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:18:18 -0700
To: "'Jean-Jacques Moreau'" <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Message-ID: <009f01c76819$0130b970$03922c50$@com>
Yes, plus Charlton.  Corrected minutes enclosed.

Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com - http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com
 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jean-Jacques Moreau [mailto:jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr]
> Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 1:39 AM
> To: Jonathan Marsh
> Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: Re: Minutes, 15 March 2007 WS Description WG telcon
> 
> Probably Youenn and I should be listed Attendees...
> 
> JJ.
> 
> Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> >
> > Enclosed.
> >
> > *Jonathan Marsh* - http://www.wso2.com -
> > http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > W3C <http://www.w3.org/>
> >
> >
> >   WS Description WG telcon
> >
> >
> >     15 Mar 2007
> >
> > See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-irc>
> >
> >
> >     Attendees
> >
> > Present
> >     Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
> >     Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
> >     Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft
> >     Tom Jordahl, Adobe Systems
> >     Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universit?
> >     Innsbruck, Austria
> >     Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
> >     Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/WSO2
> >     Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
> >     Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
> > Regrets
> > Chair
> >     Jonathan
> > Scribe
> >     Allen
> >
> >
> >     Contents
> >
> >     * Topics <#agenda>
> >          1. Approval of 3/1 minutes <#item01>
> >          2. Administrivia <#item02>
> >          3. Implementation status and plan <#item03>
> >          4. Publicaton status <#item04>
> >          5. MTOM Description <#item05>
> >     * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > <scribe> SCRIBE: Allen
> >
> >
> >       Approval of 3/1 minutes
> >
> > Minutes approved.
> >
> > Review of Action items [.1].
> >
> > ?         2006-09-21: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has
> >                       added schemaLocation.
> > ?         2007-01-04: Paul to report back on which test cases in the
> >                       WSDL test suite fail the basic patterns, with
> >                       suggestions on how to address the issues.
> > RETIRED   2007-01-11: Jean-Jacques to provide more analysis on how
> >                       difficult it would be deal with a Policy that
> >                       only contains an MTOM policy assertion
> > DONE [.3] 2007-03-01: Jonathan report back to the TAG with status on
> safety.
> >
> > Current Editorial Action Items
> >
> > Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].
> >
> > [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
> > [.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
> > [.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Mar/0006.html
> >
> >
> >       Administrivia
> >
> > JM: Implementors call is no more.
> >
> >
> >       Implementation status and plan
> >
> >
> >       Publicaton status
> >
> > Philippe?: Can only make editorial changes without negotiation.
> >
> > JM: JJ changes before or after PR?
> >
> > JJ: Most proposed changes are typos that would be of interest to the
> > reader. Some may be issues that can be changed later.
> >
> > JM: Now test suite and document don't match so we need to regenerate
> > the document.
> >
> > Philippe: I"m ok with that but don't break anything.
> >
> > JM: Some of the changes are a bit too big, like moving a section, but
> > most changes should be incorporated.
> >
> > JJ: Could use help on fixing spaces between element.
> >
> > JM: I will take a look at this.
> > ... Back to Administrivia, we now have a bugzilla bug list set up.
> > ... More substantial issues should be put into bugzilla.
> >
> > <Jonathan> *ACTION:* JJM to incorporate minor editorial fixes.
> > [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
> >
> > <Jonathan> *ACTION:* Jonathan to solve the space issue [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
> >
> > <Jonathan> *ACTION:* JJM to file or publish larger bugs [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
> >
> > <Jonathan> *ACTION:* Philippe to look at namespace. [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
> >
> > JM: Another editorial change, remove reference to hash character,
> > which is not allowed.
> >
> > <Jonathan> *ACTION:* Jonathan to remove "or a #" [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
> >
> > JM: Another editorial, incorrect treatment of "?" and "/" in URIs.
> >
> > Youenn: Do you think readability of URIs is important?
> > ... I'm in favor of leaving the spec the way it is, but it is not that
> > important.
> >
> > JM: I don't see a great value in encoding "?" in query parameters.
> >
> > Youenn: URIs with "?" encoded and not encoded are not equivalent.
> >
> > JM: No changes to spec, change expected values in test suite.
> >
> > <JacekK> trying
> >
> > <JacekK> will take a moment
> >
> > JM RDF mapping ready to go, part 1 and part 2 will be generated with
> > fixes noted above.
> >
> > JJM: Need to remove ed notes about features at risk.
> > ... In 6.1 first paragraph, second sentence is unclear.
> > ... In 4.2 "ascribed", is this correct?
> >
> > <jjm> /me Error: Reference to undefined entity 'prefix'.
> >
> >
> >       MTOM Description
> >
> > JJM: This can be retired.
> >
> > JM: Do we need a telcon next week?
> >
> > PLH: If the directors call goes bad we may, but not otherwise.
> >
> > JM: Next call will be when there is enough stuff for an agenda,
> > reserve 3/29, 4/19.
> >
> > Meeting adjourned.
> >
> >
> >     Summary of Action Items
> >
> > *[NEW]* *ACTION:* JJM to file or publish larger bugs [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
> > *[NEW]* *ACTION:* JJM to incorporate minor editorial fixes. [recorded
> > in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
> > *[NEW]* *ACTION:* Jonathan to remove "or a #" [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
> > *[NEW]* *ACTION:* Jonathan to solve the space issue [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
> > *[NEW]* *ACTION:* Philippe to look at namespace. [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
> >
> > [End of minutes]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
> > <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
> > version 1.128 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
> > $Date: 2007/03/15 16:18:00 $
> >



Received on Friday, 16 March 2007 22:18:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:46 GMT