Dropping WSDL RDF mapping of unknown extensions?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:10:39 +0100
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Cc: WS-Description WG <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Hi Eric,
a long time ago, you raised the comments that the WSDL RDF mapping [1]
should use canonicalization for the parts that stay XML, i.e.
documentation and optional extensions, both element and attribute. After
all the time, I'm now considering whether those parts are really (in any
way) useful parts of the RDF form of WSDL.

Both documentation and unknown optional extensions can be happily
ignored in WSDL, and I'm concerned now that canonicalization would be
undue burden on RDF mapping implementations, with no discernible benefit
(AFAICS).

What do you think about just plain dropping these parts altogether?
In the WSDL RDF mapping document this would mean that the second half
of section 2.2.1 and the whole section 2.2.2 would disappear.

Please let me know of your opinion, (and anybody else on the WS-Desc WG
list will be welcome to chime in),

Jacek

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-rdf/