RE: Minutes, 18 January 2007 WS Description WG telcon

Jonathan,

I propose that we leave the statements in the spec but remove the formal
assertion number if they are enforced by the schema. It would be a lot of
work to add assertion markup for statements enforced by the schema. We
should focus on implementing the spec and getting it into PR.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jonathan@wso2.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
01/22/2007 01:10 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"'www-ws-desc'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Minutes, 18 January 2007 WS Description WG telcon

Sounds harmless enough in theory.  But who would go through the spec
adding such assertions at this point?  Would it actually help any of
today?s implementers, who are relying on schema validation as the first
step in assessing validation?  In other words, are you making a serious
proposal or an observation on what coherent states might have evolved in a
parallel universe?

I personally like the idea of assertions being minimal in number,
representing those constraints a WSDL author has to adhere to beyond the
?trivial? one of ensuring the WSDL is schema-valid.  That certainly seems
adequate for now.

Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com -
http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com