Re: LocationTemplate-1G totally hosed ;-)

From: Youenn Fablet <youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:55:41 +0100
To: Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> Iíve been looking more closely at LocationTemplate-1G and find that
> the premise of the test was fundamentally flawed. That premise was
> that you can sufficiently test the functionality of whttp:location
> templates using the SOAP binding instead of the HTTP binding. That was
> incorrect!
>
> A more careful read of the spec shows that certain features are only
> in force when using the x-www-form-urlencoded serialization,
> specifically the automatic serialization of uncited elements as query
> parameters including the behavior of whttp:ignoreUncited.
>
> Thus the bindings AutoRemainder and AdditionalQueryParams are both
> wrong in assuming that query parameters will be added, and the
> bindings IgnoreUncited and Escaping are wrong in implying that
> whttp:ignoreUncited will have any force.

Can you elaborate more on this?
Section 5.10.4.2 tells that when soap-response is in use, section 6.7.2
and the x-www-form-urlencoded serialization should be followed. This
section describes how to build the request URL from whttp:location,
whttp:ignoreUncited and the message parameters.
In any case, if the current state is as you describe, is it a clear
decision from the working group?