RE: http:location grammar

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:16:40 -0500
To: Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
Cc: 'www-ws-desc' <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 11:33 -0800, Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> Should be
>
> 	elementName ::= '{' NCName '}'
>
> We simply ignore the namespace and just key off the local name.  IIRC, we
> figured the added complexity isn't worth the likelihood that someone will
> have data that includes both a my:name and a your:name yet stills fall
> within the constraints of the IRI style.

Ok.

> Perhaps we need to clarify that "local name" does indeed imply "ignore the
> namespace" in [1].

A minor change proposal:

Current wording:
[[
When constructing the request IRI, each pair of curly braces (and
enclosed element name) is replaced by the possibly empty single value of
the corresponding element.
]]

Proposed wording:
[[
When constructing the request IRI, each pair of curly braces (and
enclosed *local* name) is replaced by the possibly empty single value of
the corresponding element.
]]

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#_operation_iri_style