Improving the Dashboard

From: John Kaputin (gmail) <jakaputin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:24:00 +0000
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
I just read the article "Does WSDL 2.0 matter?" at the link posted by Paul
Downey on Jan 4th:

http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/01/wsdl-2-importance

This article links to the Dashboard. It's the first time I've seen the
Dashboard linked to from a newsletter-type website and it occurred to me
that for people not directly involved with the working group or the interop
testing might it a bit confusing. Not the layout or graphics, but the labels
like "Woden", "WSO2 WSAS" and "Canon" used in the various sections.  I think
that by explaining these labels up front it will be more obvious to
newcomers what each section of the Dashboard means.

I'd like to propose changing the text at the top of the Dashboard page, as
follows:

"This page summarizes the results of interop testing of the WSDL 2.0 Core
and WSDL 2.0 Adjuncts specifications, in fulfillment of the CR exit
criteria. The completeness of the Test Suite  is also measured."

becomes something like:

"This page summarizes the results of interop testing of the WSDL 2.0 Core
and WSDL 2.0 Adjuncts specifications, in fulfillment of the CR exit
criteria. The completeness of the Test Suite  is also measured. The interop
testing is based on implementations from Apache Woden (a WSDL 2.0 parser),
WSO2 WSAS (a web services engine that uses Woden) and Canon (a WSDL
2.0parser and web services engine)."

regards,
John Kaputin