W3C

WS Description WG telcon
15 Feb 2007

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/WSO2
Monica Martin, Sun Microsystems
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Regrets
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft
Chair
Jonathan
Scribe
youenn

Contents


 

 

Minutes are approved

Review of Action items [.1].

[Interop]
DONE      2006-11-30: [interop] John Kaputin to create a test case 
                      with "required=false". 
DONE      2006-12-14: [interop] Jonathan to fix transferCodings - 
                      add control group

[WG]
?         2006-09-21: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has 
                      added schemaLocation.
DONE [.6] 2006-12-14: plh to come up with a more detailed proposal for 
                      CR112 if possible
?         2007-01-04: Paul to report back on which test cases in the 
                      WSDL test suite fail the basic patterns, with
                      suggestions on how to address the issues.
?         2007-01-11: Jean-Jacques to provide more analysis on how 
                      difficult it would be deal with a Policy that 
                      only contains an MTOM policy assertion
DONE [.3] 2007-02-08: Jonathan to forward comments on one-way mep to 
                      XMLP working group.
DONE [.4] 2007-02-08: Jacek to approach TAG on subject of moving 
                      "safety" annotation from WSDL specification to 
                      SAWSDL.
DONE [.5] 2007-02-08: Jacek to investigate soap and http with respect 
                      to soap action header.

Current Editorial Action Items

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlp-comments/2007Feb/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Feb/0066.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Feb/0051.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Feb/0100.html

<alewis> +1 to jonathan's proposed comment.

<charltonb> +1 to jonathan

<scribe> ACTION: Jonathan to forward his WSDL1.1 identifiers comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to drum up a WS-A reviewer off-list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

Editorial Questions

CR109: go with option a

CR114

Jonathan: I enumerated 6 mapping options (a to f)
... a and d were discussed and accepted. Remains the case of SOAP-Response
... mixed with robust-inonly and inonly

youn: I am not sure there is a use case now for SOAP response with inonly and robust inonly.

Jonathan: we should refer to SOAP1.2 Second Edition

CR123

No issue

CR126

Jonathan: I will foward this to arthur

CR144

Problem of section reference

<charltonb> +1 to JJM

Jonathan: answered by mail

CR143

Jonathan: we can no longer describe transfer coding header at the WSDL level but an impl can still set it as it wants

CR112

Phillipe: summarizes the issue
... I propose to add a new section to HTTP binding to combine the location and address properties to compute the request IRI
... The remainder of the proposal is to align with this

Discussion about the last part of the proposal: address values that contain a ?

RESOLUTION: Close with 112 according philippe proposal and add a note
... , note about http url that should not contain ? or #

CR147

No answers from TAG

CR142

RESOLUTION: CR142 closed
... by removing the last trailing slash

CR148

Consensus from XMLP that you should not put a content type on a GET request.

then no soap action can be set for SOAP Get requests

RESOLUTION: Close 148 by adding a note to 5.10.3 telling that setting action has no effect when soap response is in use no action

<scribe> ACTION: Jonathan to check whether the test suite needs to be fixed with regards to SOAP Response and action [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

CR149

<inserted> RESOLUTION: Remove fixed-width type from "input".

CR150

RESOLUTION: Close with no action*

CR152

RESOLUTION: Close CR152 with no action

CR153

<plh> http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl

<Zakim> JacekK, you wanted to say we should stick

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to check whether the test suite needs to be fixed with regards to SOAP Response and action [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to drum up a WS-A reviewer off-list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to forward his WSDL1.1 identifiers comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/02/15 18:03:55 $