CR109: Two options

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:58:08 +0100
To: WSD Public <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

In fulfillment of my editorial item, I have come accross the following
issue.

There are 2 ways implement the resolution for CR issue 109:
a. restrict the {soap fault code} property to the 5 allowed QNames, when
the underlying protocol is SOAP 1.2; or

b. restrict instead the <wsoap:code> EII.

(c. = a.+b. seems an overkill)

Pros:
a. Easier to implement (spec-wise).

b. Disallows invalid XML in the first place.

Cons:
a. The XML may be valid whilst the component model isn't. (Does this
matter?)

b. Difficult to represent in the pseudo-code and in the schema.

Which option does the WG want the editors to implement? I suggest a. for
ease of implementation.

JJ.