RE: The WSDL 2.0 namespace - will it change?

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:51:01 -0500
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jonathan@wso2.com>
Cc: "'Jeremy Hughes'" <hughesj@apache.org>, www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Jonathan,

I am OK with keeping the namespace as is if that reduces churn.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jonathan@wso2.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
02/06/2007 02:28 PM

"'Jeremy Hughes'" <hughesj@apache.org>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: The WSDL 2.0 namespace - will it change?

I had assumed it wouldn't change, yet we should consider this as a WG,
whether the benefit of a more current (and shorter) namespace URI
outweighs
the cost of changing at this late date (e.g. invalidating in a small but
dramatic way all of our implementation results).

If we do change, we could take advantage of the new short namespace URIs
available from W3C - e.g. http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl.

I note the SAWSDL WG is interested in keeping a similar namespace form to
ours.

Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com -
http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com