Comments on WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:51:33 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
In fulfilment of my action item, I reviewed the spec again [1].

The only problem I see is the row for Type Definitions:

Type Definition types QName n/a n/a wsdl11.types(types)

I think there is confusion here between the wsdl:types element and
xs:complexType or xs:simpleType elements.

There is no need to identify the wsdl:types element as a whole, although
they are free to do so.

The intension of that row should have been to identify XSD types defined
within the wsdl:types element. These Type Definition elements are useful
because they are used in wsdl:message parts.

The fix is:

Column 1: type QName
Column Pointer Part: wsdl11.typeDefinition(type)

Example 3.4 should be modified to include the wsdl11.typeDefinition
identifiers.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl11elementidentifiers/

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division