documentation generated from .wsdl

From: Michael Potter <pottmi@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:04:52 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

wsdl list,

I have a need to document our webservices in a format usable by
non-technical users.

What I have in mind is some additional markup in my .wsdl files that I
will filter and use to generate .pdf/.html files.  This would be done in the
spirit of javadoc for java and pod for perl.

My questions are:
1) Has anyone already done such a thing?
2) Is there a standard way to do that?

I am guessing that such a tool would use the
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation xml:lang="en">
<wsdl:documentation>
tags.

To be useful the tool would need to do more than just read those tags.
 Much like javadoc requires the comments in java to have a particular
format, the tool would have to have the mentioned tags to have a
specific format.

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for such a question.  If
you could point me to a proper forum I would appreciate it.

The context of this question is that I have 1200 webservices and would
like to produce documentation that is suitable for a sales situation.
I would like to maintain that documentation in the .wsdl file or other
source code so that it would stay up-to-date.

--
Michael Potter