W3C

WS Description WG telcon

12 Apr 2007

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/WSO2
Monica Martin, Sun Microsystems
Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Regrets
Chair
Jonathan
Scribe
Arthur

Contents


Review of Action items [.1].

?         2006-09-21: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has 
                      added schemaLocation.
?         2007-01-04: Paul to report back on which test cases in the 
                      WSDL test suite fail the basic patterns, with
                      suggestions on how to address the issues.
DONE [.3] 2007-03-29: Jonathan to add the previous message results
                      back into the dashboard. 
DONE [.4] 2007-03-29: Jonathan to add Jean-Jacques's list as Bugzilla 
                      items.

Current Editorial Action Items
?         2007-03-15: Philippe to update the namespace documents upon PR pub.
?         2007-03-29: Part 1 Editors, Bug 4381 [.5]
?         2007-03-29: Part 1 Editors, Bug 4421 [.6]
?         2007-03-29: Part 2 Editors, Bug 4422 [.7]

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/Dashboard.html
[.4]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=releva
nce+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=WSDL&content
[.5] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4381
[.6] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4421
[.7] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4422

<Jonathan> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4381

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to add Bugzilla links to the Home Page, including ed action queries. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

Last Call Status

Jonathan: CR closes April 15
... estimate 3 weeks to close CR issues
... also need to demonstrate utility of HTTP binding, e.g. Flickr - need volunteers

Arthur: I'll try to describe Bugzilla

Jonathan: Flickr has hard to describe authenication
... need a few more, e.g. Google, Amazon

<Jonathan> Some APIs to choose from: http://www.programmableweb.com/apilist

WSDL 1.1 element identifiers resolutions

<scribe> ACTION: Charlton to look at resolution of WSDL 1.1 element identifiers resolutions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

Namespace documents have bad links to the specs

Jonathan: Philippe has an action to handle this

Editor's versions of the schemas are invalid

Jonathan: define a prefix to workaround the existence of ENTITIES in the ed copies

<monica> only on irc - mtg conflicts

<monica> :>)

Philippe: let's not change now

Jonathan: Drop it

Issue 4423: "Family" is too informal

Jonathan: JJM thinks "document family" is too informal
... editorial - use Suite instead of Family

Tony: I like the informality of "family"

Jonathan: propose to strike "family" - any objections?

Resolved

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to implement resolution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

Issue 4424: Swap sections 1.2 and 1.3

Jonathan: Objections?

RESOLVED

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]

Issue 4425: Interaction between IRI advice and HTTP binding

Philippe: propose to close with no action because this is already in Part 1

Jonathan: objections?

RESOLVED

Issue 4426: Disambiguate uses of curly brackets

Jonathan: propose to close with no action - objections?

RESOLVED

Issue 4427: Multiple namespace clarification

<Jonathan> "corresponds to a collection with" -> "also contains"

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to propose resolution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]

Use the keyword needsReview when adding proposals to Bugzilla comments

Issue 4428: Ambiguous "element"

Jonathan: see proposal in comment of bug - objections?

RESOLVED

Issue 4429: Redundancy in 2.7.1

Jonathan: looks like a duplicate of bug 4381 - defer discussion till then

Issue 4430: Endpoint address ? and # note

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to investigate [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action06]

Issue 4431: Definition of equivalent value

<scribe> ACTION: Assign to Arthur [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action07]

Issue 4432: Equivalence based on lexical equivalence or value

equivale...

Resolution: strike word "exact" and use boolean to illustrate the value space equivalence concept

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to implement [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action08]

Issue 4433: Dangling "below"

Propose: Replace "According to the constraints given below" with "Note that"

RESOLVED

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to fix [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action09]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Assign to Arthur [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Charlton to look at resolution of WSDL 1.1 element identifiers resolutions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to add Bugzilla links to the Home Page, including ed action queries. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to fix [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to implement [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to implement resolution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to investigate [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to propose resolution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Philippe [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/04/12 16:32:47 $