W3C

WS Description WG telcon

21 Sep 2006

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Tom Jordahl, Adobe Systems
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/Microsoft
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Vivek Pandey, Sun Microsystems
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Regrets
Glen Daniels, Sonic Software
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitt Innsbruck, Austria
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Chair
Jonathan
Scribe
Vivek

Contents


<Jonathan> Straw proposal: Nov 13-18 (Tue-Sat)

<Jonathan> ... Rennes preferred at the moment.

<Jonathan> Might be problems hosting on a Saturday

<Jonathan> Jonathan will contact WSO2, BT, Xfire, Marcel with preferences.

<Jonathan> Possibility of having a day or two in England if we can get more people.

<Jonathan> Philippe could attend in France, probably not in England.

<Jonathan> Will try to nail this down by next week.

<plh> WS-Addressing Test Results

<Zakim> plh, you wanted to ask about HTTP tests

<Jonathan> ACTION: Philippe to transform HTTP headers in the logs to XML format. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

<Jonathan> ACTION: Arthur to regen Woden results [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

<Jonathan> Scribe: Vivek

Approval of Minutes

<plh> RESOLUTION: previous minutes approved

Review of Action items [.1]

[Interop]
?         2006-07-06: [interop] Jonathan - create validation-report
                      stylesheet.
?         2006-07-20: [interop] Jonathan to add timestamps to result
                      stylesheet.

WG
?         2005-07-21: Pauld to write a proposal for a working group
                      report for requirements for schema evolution
                      following closure of LC124
?         2006-03-30: Marsh to make XSLT improvements for RDF
                      publication.
DONE [.6] 2006-06-29: Philippe to write up recommended text to clarify
                      the issue in CR53.
?         2006-07-06: Glen to contribute some extension test cases.
DONE [.7] 2006-07-13: Roberto to produce an updated proposal for CR044.
DONE [.8] 2006-07-20: Arthur to update "Proposed Part 1 Text for
                      REQUIRED Extension Properties".
?         2006-09-07: Marsh to propose workarounds for CR78.
DONE [.3] 2006-09-14: Jonathan to update the issues list on CR26.
DUP [.4]  2006-09-14: JJM to update the draft with new CR26 resolution.
?         2006-09-14: ALL to come back with MEP usage (specs?) by next week.
DONE [.5] 2006-09-14: Jonathan to separate the canonicalisation from
                      CR079 as a separate issue.

Current Editorial Action Items
 - none -

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR026
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions.html#CR026
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR080
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Sep/0034.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Sep/0030.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Sep/0033.html

Administrivia

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has added schemaLocation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

Jonathan: Next Telecon on Sept 28th, RDF mapping and F&P
... The momentum seems to be not removing URI replacement feature. It can be revisited latter.

<TomJ> By removing the extra MEPS from the spec and moving them to a note, users can still use them.

<TomJ> I had always wanted the 'other' MEPs (out, out-in, etc) to be specified with a binding that would allow interop. We didn't get there, so I support moving them to a note

Tom: Momentum is to removing extra MEPs from the spec and move them to note

***I just did

Issue CR 044

Roberto: Sent proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0046.html
... Voted in July and decided to keep it

Jonathan: Proposal on table by Jean Jacques http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Sep/0036.html
... Proposal is to have Charlton and Jack amendment to Roberto's proposal

RESOLUTION: Accept Roberto's proposal with Jean-Jacques' and Charlton's amendments.

Issue CR 022

<Roberto> on CR044, it was Jean-Jacques' amendment, not Jacek's

<charlton> Correct

RESOLUTION: Accept Roberto's amendment

<charlton> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Sep/0036.html and http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Sep/0041.html

Issue CR 053

<Jonathan> RESOLUTION: CR022 closed with Proposal in Jul0080, plus tbd editorial improvements in the last two sentences.

<plh> whttp:location="{uri}"

RESOLUTION: Issue 053 closed with Phillipe proposal accepted with Arthur ammendment

Issue CR 045

<plh> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation

<Jonathan> ACTION: Arthur to create a un-namespaced test case. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]

<Jonathan> RESOLUTION: Close CR045 by removing assertion #Schema-0019-summary

Issue CR062

<Arthur> The example is 2.7.1.1.1 Example of Feature Composition Model in core (Part 1)

<Jonathan> Postponed

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Arthur to create a un-namespaced test case. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Arthur to regen Woden results [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has added schemaLocation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to transform HTTP headers in the logs to XML format. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/09/21 16:29:43 $