From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 1:42 PM
To: Jonathan Marsh
Cc: paul.downey@bt.com; sanjiva@wso2.com; www-ws-desc@w3.org;
www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: Minutes, 14 Sep 2006 WS Description WG telcon

Jonathan,

It is very common for data to appear in the IRI, e.g. id numbers. as in
http://example.org/part/1234

I think this should be left in.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

09/18/2006 12:18 PM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "paul.downey@bt.com"
<paul.downey@bt.com>

cc

"sanjiva@wso2.com" <sanjiva@wso2.com>, "www-ws-desc@w3.org"
<www-ws-desc@w3.org>, "www-ws-desc-request@w3.org"
<www-ws-desc-request@w3.org>

Subject

RE: Minutes, 14 Sep 2006 WS Description WG telcon

My impression is that at this point the only part of the HTTP binding
that's at risk of being removed are the parts called out in the draft,
namely the serialization of instance data in parts of the HTTP request
IRI - the use of curly braces with the IRI style.

I haven't heard anyone who plans to implement the HTTP binding saying
they won't also implement this part.  Is there any evidence to suggest
this part (6.7.1) should be cut?  Is it just too early to tell?