Re: [SPAM] Proposed text for HTTP Transfer Coding (CR055)

Jean-Jacques suggestion is fine by me - same semantics, just moved to a
different place.

However, I had a look at the way defaulting relationships are described
elsewhere in Part 2:-
The relationship between {soap mep} and {soap mep default} is described in
section 5.10.3 SOAP 1.2 Binding Rules.
The reletationship between {http method} and {http method default} is
described in section 6.3.1 HTTP Binding Rules.

Perhaps for consistency the defaulting rules for {http transfer coding} and
{http tansfer coding default} should be described in a similar section. The
correct section seems to be 6.3.1 HTTP Binding Rules. This section appears
before HTTP transfer coding is formerly introduced in section 6.8, but the
same situation exists for HTTP method which is not formerly introduced until
section 6.4 but has its defaulting rules described in section 6.3 (one
solution would be to move the entire section 6.3 further down the document).

So, I'd like to make a third suggestion for http transfer coding: insert a
new section 6.3.2 HTTP Transfer Coding Selection (and renumber the
subsequent 6.3.x sections), thus:

<begin>

6.3.2 HTTP Transfer Coding Selection

When formulating the HTTP message to be transmitted, the HTTP transfer
coding used MUST be selected using one of the following:

   -

   For a given Binding Message Reference component whose
{<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html#property-BindingOperation.httpmethod>http
   transfer coding} property has a value, then the value of the {http transfer
   coding} property.
   -

   Otherwise, the value of the parent Binding Operation component's {http
   transfer coding default} property, if any.
   - Otherwise, the value of the grandparent Binding component's {http
   transfer coding default} property, if any.

 When formulating the HTTP fault message to be transmitted, the HTTP
transfer coding used MUST be selected using one of the following:

   -

   For a given Binding Fault component whose {http transfer coding}
   property has a value, then the value of the {http transfer coding} property.

   - Otherwise, the value of the parent Binding component's {http
   transfer coding default} property, if any.

 <end>

You could add an "Otherwise none" or "Otherwise empty" at the end of each
list per Jean-Jacques suggestion if that is the correct HTTP behaviour.

regards,
John Kaputin.