W3C

WS Description WG telcon

30 Nov 2006

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Tom Jordahl, Adobe Systems
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/WSO2
Monica Martin, Sun Microsystems
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft
Regrets
Chair
Jonathan
Scribe
Allen

Contents


<TonyR> ACTION: John Kaputin to create a test case with "required=false" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to allow different extensions per implementation. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan Echo-2G into bad bucket. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

<scribe> SCRIBE: Allen

previous minutes

Minutes from Oct 26 approved

<asir> Dashboard looks awesome!

[Interop]
DONE [.5] 2006-07-06: [interop] Jonathan - create validation-report
                      stylesheet.
DONE      2006-07-20: [interop] Jonathan to add timestamps to result
                      stylesheet.
RETIRE    2006-10-12: [interop] ALL to ponder how to run the tests.
DONE      2006-10-19: [interop] Arthur to generate the component models 
                      for the messages.
DONE [.6] 2006-10-26: [interop] Jonathan to create set of wire level 
                      test WSDLs

[WG]
RETIRE    2006-07-06: Glen to contribute some extension test cases.
?         2006-09-21: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has added
                      schemaLocation.
DONE [.4] 2006-09-28: Marsh to suggest some generic conformance text
?         2006-10-12: pdowney to review the Schema WG note on versioning 
                      in 1.1.
DONE [.3] 2006-10-19: Jacek will expand the response for CR082.

Current Editorial Action Items
DONE [.7] 2006-09-28: Amy to refine MEP note
DONE [.8] 2006-10-19: Remove F&P - editors for each Part should make
                      necessary edits.

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Oct/0073.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Oct/0075.html
[.5]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/results/Validati
on.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Nov/0004.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Nov/0007.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Nov/0014.html

Interop event

Jonathan reports on progress at interop event

<scribe> ACTION: Jonathan will propose a plan for publishing component model interchange format as a note. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]

Arthur: note can happen after we finish the spec

Republication schedule

Jonathan: Do we want to publish as soon as possible?

Arthur: In part 1 the only changes should be tweaks to the assertions so it should be ready.

Jonathan: Want to let people know of changes as soon as possible: removal of f&p, http binding at risk.

Jacek: Do you think we can be done by early January?

Jonathan: We have many issues but they are simple so yes.

Jacek: Do we have heartbeat issues?

Jonathan: We may but we have violated them already if we do.

Jacek: I think we can wait

<asir> good one :-)

Jonathan: I don't hear objections so we will wait till January

LC Reviews

Jonathan: Do we have any objection to Policy WG publishing WSDL 1.1 Component Designators?

Arthur: We should ask Phillipe since he was against us doing anything with 1.1.
... We can ask David O to contribute spec here if we think that is a better place for it.

Jonathan: I think it belongs here but don't want it to get in the way of our other deliverables.
... Can take it to coordination group and say we can do it if our charter is extended.

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to take the proposal to the CG that we can take the work, as long as our charter is extended and as long as we can get our primary deliverables done first. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]

Paul: Invite members to look at databinding document
... Audience - within W3C, schema WG, outside, WS-I Basic Profile WG
... need contributions of test cases, WG doesn't need to review, individuals can send comments.

Jonathan: Policy is in LC, we have been asked to review.

Arthur: I reviewed it, made comment, need to provide definition of equivalence, comment accepted.

Charlton: I volunteer to look at it.

<Jonathan> ACTION: Charlton to review WS-Policy LC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action06]

MTOM Description

<pauld> proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Nov/0029.html

Jonathan: Paul made a proposal for new attribute.

Youenn: Haven't had a chance to look at this yet

Arthur: Opposed to adding as part of the spec, open to adding as additional document

Asir: Why is WG focussing on this?

Jonathan: Cannon has requirement for this, long discussion of whether this should be done by this WG or XMLP.

Asir: Don't need additional attribute. Can already do it with Policy.

Jonathan: We'll continue on this next week.

CR82 - Header blocks in wrpc:signature

Jonathan: Jacek responded. If we don't hear back we can consider it done.

CR84

Jonathan: Resolved to fix as editorial

CR85 F&P Primer work

Jonathan: Resolved to close and track as editorial

Jacek: on issue 82 there was a response but it didn't make it to the list.

CR86

Jonathan: Need to move sentence to include all http properties, not just cookies. That's the way its being implemented now.

Arthur: also add that properties MUST NOT be used when protocol is not HTTP.

Jonathan: Resolved with moving sentence and adding assertion.

TOPC: CR87 - Turning off http transfer coding

Jonathan: Does it make sense to turn off transfer coding to original state? Is empty string an ok syntax for that?

Arthur: What does this do to the component model?

Jonathan: Puts in a transfer coding without a value.
... Can empty string be the same as on transfer coding at all?

Arther: Another way to do this is not provide a default.

Jonathan: Nice to have explicit way to do anything that can be done implicitly

<Jonathan> RESOLUTION: Add text stating that {http transfer coding} = "" means no assertion as to the transfer coding.

<Jonathan> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Nov/0003.html

CR88 & CR90

RESOLUTION: use Amy's proposal in above link to resolve ambiguity

CR89

<scribe> ACTION: Arthur will fix this editorially [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action07]

RESOLUTION: close with fix to be provided by Arthur

CR91 - WSDL 2.0 fault binding

<scribe> ACTION: Editors will add to soap binding to implement spirit of issue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action08]

RESOLUTION: fix with editorial change

CR92

<scribe> ACTION: Jonathan will check to see if WS-I specifies single detail item. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action09]

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to look at whether WS-I BP profiles Detail children (to only one) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action10]

CR93

Arthur: we require global element definitions have a namespace
... We have element declarations and type definitons and we require that they have value uri as namespace.

Jonathan: We don't allow this today. Is it worth changing?

Arthur: This is inline with other things we don't support.

Jonathan: If we aren't going to change this should we have a section that talks about what we don't support?

<Jonathan> BP lists this as an extensibility point: Fault details - the contents of a Fault's detail element are not prescribed by SOAP 1.1.

Jacek: Spec only says that name is a QName, it says nothing about valid uri.

Arthur: We should make this more explicit

<scribe> ACTION: Jonathan will add a paragraph to talk about what parts of SOAP we don't support. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action11]

<monica> +1

Jonathan: Next week we start 1/2 hour early and go for 2 hours.

Adjourn

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Arthur will fix this editorially [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Charlton to review WS-Policy LC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Editors will add to soap binding to implement spirit of issue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: John Kaputin to create a test case with "required=false" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan Echo-2G into bad bucket. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to allow different extensions per implementation. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to look at whether WS-I BP profiles Detail children (to only one) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to take the proposal to the CG that we can take the work, as long as our charter is extended and as long as we can get our primary deliverables done first. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan will add a paragraph to talk about what parts of SOAP we don't support. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan will check to see if WS-I specifies single detail item. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan will propose a plan for publishing component model interchange format as a note. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/11/30 17:46:12 $